Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Celebrating the End of Summer

So I have not been the best blogger lately. I apologize and I am going to try to keep up with a more regular blogging schedule :)

It seems like all of  sudden it is about to be fall and the summer is coming to a close. Even though I am not in school anymore, the end of summer always makes me feel a little sad. When I was a kid I always looked forward to my birthday but I also didn't want it to come quickly because most of the time that meant going back to school a day before, a day after, or a couple years ON my actual birthday(August 18th). Nothing can bring a kid down like starting the new school year on their 11th birthday, let me tell you!

I do like this time of year though... fall festivals are starting up, stores are stocking sweaters and cold-weather clothing, and it means that the holidays will be here in no time. I plan on enjoying the last few days of summer by getting one last summer sunburn, grilling out on the deck as much as possible, and wearing my sundresses a few more times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment