Thursday, June 21, 2012

Healthy Snacking

I'm back from Vegas! we had such a wonderful time- we renewed our vows, gambled a lot and drank plenty of margaritas. I gained 5 pounds while we were on our trip but I managed to lose that extra weight the week we got home. Now I am focusing on losing my last 7 pounds to make it an even 30! My most recent accomplishment has been cutting out on mindless snacking. For some reason it's hard for me to stay out of the kitchen in between meals so I have been coming up with some snacks that won't completely ruin my efforts-

*celery with low fat cream cheese
*rice cakes with Better N'Peanut Butter
*individual string cheese
*frozen strawberries
*banana blended with 1 cup of low fat chocolate milk to make a shake
*light yogurt
*coffee or other hot drinks (they curb the urge to eat more)
*Blow Pops- can't eat anything else when you're chewing gum!

These are just some of the things that have worked for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment