Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tis The Season (Almost)

I am the first to admit it- I am a Christmas-aholic. And a Thanksgivng-aholic. And a Halloween-aholic. I guess I'm just a holiday-aholic! I love this time of year so much that I really do feel like there might be something wrong with me.

I have already started annoying my husband with my lists of things I want to make, hours of scouring the internet for new Christmas decorations, and my slightly irritating habit of leaving him in stores to go look at the holiday displays. I can't help it- to me this is the most exciting and fun time of the year and I always want it to begin as soon as possible. I am so anxious to start baking and wrapping presents and decorating our home!

I have been forbidden from putting up our brand new Christmas tree until the first day of December which is going to be quite hard for me. In my family we always put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving but in my husband's family it was not put up until the calendar changed. I think we might need to compromise and maybe put the tree up on the 28th or so :)
My goals for this Christmas season-
~Go shopping the day after Thanksgiving with my younger sister, complete with Pop-tarts and giant Red Bulls to keep our energy up
~Make an insane amount of cookies
~Donate a gift to a child in need (the church I grew up in always did this every year and I am hoping that my new church will do something similar)
~Play board games and drink wine with my in-laws on Christmas Eve
~Go to Christmas Eve Mass
~Take a ton of pictures of my family
~Drink at least one glass of eggnog
~And I'm sure there will be many more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Also love that you linked to my recipe, made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete