Saturday, November 24, 2012

Easy Green Bean Casserole

I have to share this super easy way to make one of everyone's favorite holiday sides. I love green bean casserole and so does my husband, so I decided that I would bring that as my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house this year. Since we would be visiting his parents first and I didn't want to have to put it together at their house and take up their oven I decided to try a crockpot version. It worked great and tasted just like the baked type! 

Super Easy Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole

Ingredients:
2 10 ounce bags of frozen green beans
1.5 cans of cream of mushroom soup (I know- annoying, but I didn't want it to get too soupy)
1 can of French's crispy onions

In a large Crockpot, combine both bags of green beans and the mushroom soup. Add 1/2 can of onions and make sure to mix well. Cook on high for about 4 hours, making sure to stir occasionally. Turn heat down to warm until ready to serve. About 10 minutes before eating, top with remaining onions. Enjoy!

I told you it was easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment