Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lent is here again!

It's that time! Every year I have a difficult time deciding what to give up during the forty days of Lent. Usually I can't decide and end up saying something like "well, I'll just eat more vegetables". I try for about three days and then I completely forget that I am supposed to be doing anything at all.

This year I am going to try doing something different though. This year I have given up... dun dun dun... Facebook! Now, I do have to admit that there are a couple of stipulations for this sacrifice of mine. I uninstalled the Facebook app from my phone, but I kept the messenger. I am also going to allow myself access to my photography page because I have a wedding and a couple of other sessions coming up before Easter and I do not want my clients to be neglected if they need to get a hold of my via Facebook. So there- at least I'm trying!

I am also going to attempt to attend every Holy Day and every Sunday Mass that I can. I have gotten really lazy at making myself go. It's only one hour but for some reason I always come up with a million and one reasons why I should skip Mass instead. Last night I went to Ash Wednesday Mass and I have to admit that I really liked it. I missed the feeling of peace during church and the quiet time that really forces you to focus and be thankful. Plus, I now have a Catholic friend who lives very close to me and we are going to make each other stick to our resolutions. Lent is a time to think about what needs changing in your life and how you can make things better for others. I intend to do just that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment