Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Germies and Laundry

I have come to realize just how much I have actually grown up in the last few years. Not only do I enjoy cooking and baking and all the things that I associate with being a wife... I have found myself doing things that I never EVER would have imagined.

My example? Laundry. I know to most people this is not a big deal, but for some reason I have never liked doing laundry. I didn't just mind doing it, I HATED it. I would do anything I could to get out of having to fold towels and socks. I would even volunteer to clean my parents bathroom in lieu of moving clothes from the washer to the dryer.

Today I realize what a change I have made. It just so happens that today I am with my fiance in the condo that we will soon be sharing. However, E is incredibly sick and can not get out of bed. So what do I do while he is fighting off the 24 hour flu? I fold towels. I change the sheets on the bed. I clean up the kitchen. I think I might be a little insane, but I find myself actually LIKING doing these jobs because I am doing them for him. I like that I am the only one here to take care of him and make him feel better and cook him orange jello, because I love him :) True love means folding underwear I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. This grown-up stuff really isn't too bad, is it? :)

    Did you ever check out http://www.flylady.net/pages/welcome_main.asp ? Since we think so much alike I think you will really like Flylady.

    ReplyDelete