Thursday, January 26, 2012

In Memory

This past week has been very emotional for me. The world lost a wonderful teacher and mentor this past Sunday and her loss is being felt by everyone I grew up with in my hometown. She was the choir teacher at the high school for 20+ years and she was one of the most beautiful people that I have ever met.

This weekend her students will come together one last time to pay tribute to and say goodbye to this woman who taught all of us how to love music, how to try new things, and that even though we're all different we can come together to make something beautiful. I will never be able to express how much this teacher meant to me. Without her influence I would not have some of the life-long friends that I made when I was a teenager. I would not love music the way I do today. I would not have the confidence in myself that she repeatedly encouraged me to have. She was so loved by everyone that knew her and I truly believe that her death is a reminder from God that we need to cherish life while we're here. This weekend I will be traveling to my hometown to say goodbye and share some time with people that loved her as much as I did and I know that she will be smiling and watching over al of us from above. 

We will miss you Mrs G but you will always have a place in the hearts of all of "your kids"

                            
                                                    Me, Mrs G, and my sister Lauren after a show

No comments:

Post a Comment