Saturday, May 21, 2011

Patience is a Virtue

I never realized just how stressful these last two weeks of May were going to be. E and I are now only TWO WEEKS  away from our wedding, I am meeting with my new manager this coming Monday to talk about my transferring to a new store, I am trying to get everything packed and ready to move by next Friday, and there's that pesky final that I should be studying for, but have not yet begun to do so. Phew!

I have never and will never be mistaken for a patient person. I am the girl who expects a response to my text message within 2-3 minutes of me sending it. I hate waiting in lines, I absolutely can not stand waiting for people at restaurants, and I want to kill whoever coined the term "fashionably late".

However, I feel as if I am getting better at this whole patience thing... mostly because I have been forced to. Things do not always get taken care of right away in the world of wedding planning. I have been trying not to get too stressed out over the tiny details of every single aspect of the wedding, mostly because I am not usually so OCD and I don't like that I have become this way. I like to be laid back, but only as long as things are getting done. I know, I contradict myself. I can't help it.

So now I have decided that this is the weekend of taking it easy... partially because I have an upper respiratory infection (for which I blame this dang wedding) and partially because I need to relax and not be such a crazy person for a few days. Ahhhhhhhhh. It does feel better already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment