Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wow! I Own a Lot of Junk!

So today I am dedicating myself to finally finishing the packing that I started last week. Friday is the big move in day for me, so I think it might be best if the things that are supposed to be moved were actually IN boxes rather than scattered around my parents' house like they are now(I know the people who are helping me move will appreciate this). :)

I actually don't mind packing because it means that I am going somewhere and I am that much closer to living with my soon-to-be husband. It's the sorting out part that I'm not so fond of. I am a notorious pack rat and it's hard for me to get rid of things that have or had an emotional attachment for me. HOWEVER, this week I have realized that since we are combining two lives in a matter of a few days, I absolutely CAN NOT move all of the crap that I've accumulated over the past 24 years.

I am now proud to say that I have filled not one, not two, but FIVE boxes full of things to either be donated or sold at a garage sale. I have also thrown away almost three trash bags of things that I (at some point) had some connection with, but I've had them for so long that I don't remember what the connection was!

I think I've finally broken the pack rat curse!

1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo! Go you! I know how hard it is to get rid of stuff, but once you start, it gets to be kind of a free feeling and you will want to get rid of more.

    ReplyDelete