Thursday, July 7, 2011

Switching It Up

The great job search has begun! Yay... and ugh. I am starting to look for a job or internship in a photography studio because my goal is to become a wedding/senior portrait photographer. I need to gain experience though so that means that I am basically in the process of begging for any job that a studio would be willing to give me :)

For the past five years I have worked in the same company. I started serving when I was 19 years old and it was supposed to be my summer job. Five years later, I am serving for the same company in a new location. I actually do like my job- I meet lots of interesting people and every day is different. However, this is not a career for me. This is a job until I get to where I want to be professionally.

And so let the resume building begin! I am not a patient person, but I am willing to wait as long as it takes to get the career that I want. I am just waiting for that chance to work in a studio and learn from a real professional.

For now, I am off to update my online resumes and work on my interview skills :)

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! And you know, my current job (nearly 16 years) was supposed to just be a short-term thing after college. Instead, it morphed into a career, and most days I really enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete