Friday, July 29, 2011

Two Down!

I am proud to say that in the last week I have lost two whole pounds! This is fantastic because I have really been trying to make some significant changes to my diet and exercise routines. 

First of all, I actually HAVE a diet and exercise routine now :) I have never been a big fan of exercising so I have decided to make it easy on myself- I walk around the neighborhood in the evenings, do simple strength routines in our living room, and play our Kinect video games (the ones where you have to jump and run in place and basically look like a fool to win the game). 

The diet part hasn't been too difficult either. Since I do most of the grocery shopping for our house I simply read labels and try to avoid anything that is ridiculously high in calories. Don't get me wrong, I am still addicted to my Cheetos and Mountain Dew, but I counteract my junk food moments with vegetables and light yogurt :) 

So I am hoping that my pace will be between one and two pounds per week and I can gradually get to my goal weight (which is now 28 pounds away!). I think I can, I think I can, I think I can :)

1 comment: